Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful



A bit too hazy for beautiful photographs, but there you have it...the Innere Stadt of Vienna.

There isn't much of a Thanksgiving to be had in this part of the world, and I haven't made much of an effort over the years to organize one, but I do try to make a list each year of what I'm thankful for.

-I'm thankful for my family...for my loving husband and my precious children...who make me feel like I've won the lottery every single day.

-I'm thankful to be living in a beautiful, safe country...which keeps me on my toes, always learning, always growing and stretching in ways that are fundamentally important to me.

-I'm thankful to be able to travel the world and get to "hang out" in places like Vienna. :-)

-I'm thankful to be surrounded by different languages and cultures (even when they frustrate me!), and that my children are growing up bilingual and binational.

-I'm thankful for YOU, my friends! hehe

This life I have is exceptional, and I almost never forget it. It also comes with certain costs, which I also never forget. I am so, so lucky to be where I am, and with who I'm with.

And you know what? I don't need a turkey to remind me. :-)

No comments: